25 April 2007

The Leg Stays On, Mills Goes Home


Last night, Heather Mills was kicked off Dancing With the Stars. She came prepared with a little speech tucked into her costume.


"I would like to thank the public," she said on Tuesday night's show. "Wherever
I go, kids are like, 'Oh my God.' But the best part is that we raise hundreds of
thousands of dollars for animals."

Mills has been a controversial contestant from day one, and there were lots of people like me, like me waiting with baited breath for her leg to fly off during the competition. It didn't. She has been a big draw for the show, and Mills has also used the show to try and sway pubic opinion, as the British media has been brutal to her during her divorce from Sir Paul McCartney. She was probably hoping to become a huge celebrity in the US, but I don't quite think that's going to work out for her. She's a blip on the radar of celebrity.

No comments: