17 May 2007

Oops - Bad Call America.


Melinda Doolittle is out of the running to be America's next Idol. This is not a complete shock, as her personality is a little bit flat, even though her voice is spectacular.

So, that leaves Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis in the finale. I can hardly stand it. I think this means that Blake will win the whole thing. Jordin is just a bit too inconsistent and young. And Blake has his vast army of fans and his sobbing father on his side. (After last night's visits home, don't you find it a bit weird a grown man calling his father Daddy?)

Melinda took the rejection well, no sobbing on stage . My Tivo cut out before I could hear what Simon had to say about the whole situation, so if anyone heard it, please tell me!

The only highlight of the evening for me was Jackie Collins in the audience!! Maybe she's writing a novel about tacky reality shows?

Brace yourselves for next weeks saccharine and lengthy offerings from Idol!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simon said something like, Congratulations Melinda you are an amazing singer. I had to quickly TiVo the fox 5 news so I could see if I was missing anything. He was clearly upset, but he knows she'll do just fine!

By the way, it's me again! Thanks for reminding me about Kathy Griffin.