01 May 2007

No, No, No, No and No.

You cannot remake perfection. I have just learned that MGM is remaking Fame. Why?

The $25 million "Fame" remake is slated to hit theaters in summer 2008 and will be based on the Alan Parker film set at the New York Academy of Performing
Arts, which starred Irene Cara and Debbie Allen and launched a generation of wannabe performers.

"We'll update it, (but) we'll still keep some of the songs. The script is being written right now, but we are keeping it under wraps. There will be a strong musical component, though," Sands said.
This is totally ridiculous. The original (which I saw in the theatre at least 3 times) is fantastic and I think is still relevant today. And I can't even believe they won't use all the songs!! They better keep "Hot Lunch Jam" in there, that's all I can say.

I hope I'm not "Out Here On My Own" not wanting a remake!!

No comments: