01 May 2007

Flat Chested Women Unite!


Debra Messing says that NBC tried to force her to wear falsies when Will & Grace first launched!

"When we shot the pilot, I was handed - in the wardrobe - chicken cutlets. They were [supposed to be] boobs. And I wore them. "After the show was picked up, at the first fitting, I said, 'I don't want to wear these. I actually like the idea that she's completely flat-chested, and I think there's comedy in that.
"We shot three episodes, and then I was called to my executive producer's office. They sat me down and said, 'We got a call from the president of NBC, and they said, 'What happened to her boobs?' "I said, 'F- 'em.' They were not happy. ... They said, 'You have to wear them,' and I said, 'No.'" Messing prevailed, and her teeny top became a punch line.
This is a fantastic story. And obviously she was right, her chest was the source of tons of hilarious punch lines. Remember the one where she wore the water filled boobs at the art gallery and they broke and she was spraying water all over everyone? Classic.
A spokesman for NBC refused to comment.
source

No comments: