09 April 2007

Katie Holmes' Life Makes For a Good Book!


According to 'a friend of Katie Holmes', Katie is in a snit about a book just released in which the main character seems to be quite similar to her. Lori Culwell's new novel, Hollywood Car Wash, is a satire about the industry and says the so called 'friend',
"Someone gave her a copy last weekend, and she's been reading it non-stop ever since. She's already having problems with Tom, and now she feels like her private life has been exposed. She's really upset."

So what's the story all about? Apparently, the book focuses on a young actress who made her mark on a tv show. She is forced to lose weight, take drugs and gets into a contracted relationship! Culwell has denied that the character is based on Holmes, but check out what she does say on her MySpace page:

"A few years ago, I moved back to Los Angeles from New York. I got back in touch with some of my friends from high school (some of whom, yes, are in the industry). Two or so years ago, I decided that some of the stories I heard here in LA were too absurd not to share, and so I took those stories (ALL of which are true), and put them in a novel. Because seriously, there is some crazy and unbelievable crap that goes on out here.It is a fact that I know some celebrities, and some people who know some celebrities. So yes, I know some things. And no, I can't tell you who-- though if you read my novel you can find out what."
Call me a sucker, but I am so buying this book!
source

No comments: