17 January 2007

Trouble in Grey's Anatomy Land



You know how when you are so mad that you almost cry and then the fact that you are going to cry about it makes you almost cry even more? That was Katherine Heigl when she spoke to Access Hollywood Tuesday night. Heigl blasted her Grey's Anatomy co-star Isaiah Washington after his outburst at the Golden Globes Monday. In the press room, Washington for some reason decided to try and defend himself against reports that he used a homophobic slur towards c0-star T.R. Knight. After a reporter questioned the cast about the fight, Washington blurted out:

"No, I did not call T.R. a faggot. Never happened. Never happened."

Heigl spoke out against Washington on Tuesday night stating:

"I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. I'm sorry, that did not need to be said, I'm not ok with it."

Heigl also made it clear that her loyalties are firmly with Knight stating:

"I don't think he [Washington] means it the way he comes off. But, T.R. is my best friend. I will throw down for that kid. I will beat you up. I will use every ounce of energy I have to take you down if you hurt his feelings."

Yikes. It certainly looks like this story is not going away anytime soon and the bitch of it is that if Isaiah Washington would have just kept his mouth shut at the Globes, it would have; in the public eye anyway. Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes and the producers have a lot of work ahead of them to spin this one right. Look out Washington, you may just get written off the show.

No comments: