24 January 2007

Isaiah Washington Enters Rehab!!! What?!



Life and Style Magazine is reporting that Isaiah Washington, Dr Preston Burke on Grey's Anatomy, entered a rehab facility at 9:00am this morning. He had previously undergone psychological assessment at the request of ABC after making homophobic remarks. We have previously talked about the incidents here, here and here. Washington made homophobic remarks about cast member T.R. Knight last year and then again at the Golden Globes last week. Apparently he has entered rehab voluntarily.





According to an insider, Isaiah, who issued an apology for his statements on
Jan. 18, agreed to undergo a psychological assessment after talks with ABC
executives.
"ABC has told him he must enter a program to examine why he
would say such hateful words," the insider says.

This is a huge shock to me. Not only am I amazed that there is rehab for making homophobic remarks and then not really being sorry about it until it looks like you are going to lose your fantastic job on the number one TV show in the land, but that Washington actually agreed to go there. There must have been some unreal conversations going on over at ABC. I hope Washington is able to get some help for his obvious homophobia, but I don't really care whether he gets to keep his job. After all the recent incidents, last week when I watched Grey's I just didn't feel the same way about Dr Preston Burke as I used to, because I know what the actor underneath really thinks. That's a sad state of affairs.

I wonder if he's going to be in the room next door to Lindsay, that is if she ever stays in rehab for more than a few hours.

No comments: