24 January 2007

Billy Baldwin Has A Swag Mule!


It's true, it's all true, swag turns rational people into maniacs. And Billy Baldwin (the one that's not Alec or Stephen) confirms it to Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch. We have been talking a bit about about the war on swag and it doesn't seem to be going that well. Maybe we need to send in more troops? Billy Baldwin took a publicist with him to Sundance as he has two movies to promote, and his poor publicist ended up carrying the swag for him.



"I don't know what bothers me more about Sundance: all of the free s--- that they give to the rich and famous who don't need it, or the way that I behave when thrown into the den of swag. I can sit here and pretend that I'm above it all, but in reality, after being given free iPods and Razr telephones, jewelry and vacations, if my grandmother -- may she rest in peace -- stood between me and the last Philips flat screen television, I'd lay her out right on her ass for that bad boy.

"I hired a publicist to come here with me because I had two films in the festival. I figured because I had two pictures I probably would need somebody to wrangle all of the various media outlets -- print, electronic, etc. She wound up becoming my swag mule, schlepping the hoards up and down Main Street so that I didn't look like the gluttonous whore that I am in front of the throngs of media and paparazzi."
Good luck with your new movies, American Fork and Adrift in Manhattan, Billy!

No comments: