05 June 2007

Sunday TV Semi-Review


I finally got around to watching Lifetime's Write and Wrong and Army Wives last night. First, Write and Wrong. I really loved this one. It was great to see Kirstie Alley back in action and I thought she was hilarious. I'll admit that it took about a half hour to really pull me in, at first I had my thumb poised over the delete button. I wasn't buying 'Jason' as the 'hot nephew' who was pawning his Aunt Birdie's (Alley) scripts off as his own. But something happened by minute 35, he totally sucked me in. I somehow got past the awful hair and need of a shave and found him totally adorable and funny. The show was a great escape and very enjoyable.

I wish I could say the same for Army Wives. Lifetime was pimping it like mad not only in the weeks leading up to it's debut but during Write and Wrong as well. They had a stupid count down clock in the corner during the entire 2 hours before, with all this hype, I was really looking forward to it. What to say...I thought it was dull. Dull, dull, dull. There wasn't a single character that I was able to get behind, and for me, that is key. There has to be someone that I'm cheering. It was trying to be dramatic and funny at the same time, kind of like Grey's Anatomy, but the dramatic parts were not all that dramatic, just soapy and the funny parts were far from laugh out loud. I'm going to give it one more episode to see if maybe I'm being too quick to judge before I delete my season pass. This one has to do something big quick or it's a goner.

No comments: