02 April 2007

Birkhead Gets the Bill!!


Incredibly, Debra Opri is charging Larry Birkhead $620,492.84. Opri billed Larry $475 an hour for legal services and a slew of other miscellaneous charges including two dinners that Birkhead didn't even attend and some laundry charges for Opri's husband. TMZ has a longer list here.

I can't really believe she billed the poor guy that much. Look at the international exposure the Debra Opri has received by representing Larry Birkhead! The least she could have done is cut her normal rate in half and not billed him the bogus expenses. My favorite one is this:

On February 24, 2007, while Opri and Birkhead stayed at a private residence in Ft. Lauderdale during the Florida hearing, Opri billed $600 for Seafood World. We're told she brought four trays of lobster to the house. The bill says, "Dinner gift/Ft. Lauderdale house stay." But it was no gift to Larry. That same day, she billed $211 for items at Publix grocery store.


In other Larry news, last week we reported that Larry Birkhead had filed a trademark on the phrase "Goodnight My Sweet Anna Baby". Apparently this is not the case. Larry has written this on his own website LarryBirkhead.net

TRADEMARKS: I have never requested a trademark, signed or filled out any paperwork on a trademark relating to Anna Nicole Smith, and the saying "Goodnight My Sweet Anna Baby." The form was filled out by another individual on my behalf. The form was not reviewed or approved by me. The media is reporting that they have seen a copy of the form, please send me one as I have asked for a copy and never have received it. It does not have my signature or authorization, I am far too busy working on my fight for my daughter Dannielynn, to worry about things like trademarking sayings for use in movies, etc. **In other words, I will seek to have this trademark withdrawn or cancelled on the grounds it was not approved by me.**
The rest of his last post also makes for some interesting reading!! Click here

And in even more news, TMZ is reporting that most of the drugs that were given to Anna Nicole were prescribed to Howard K Stern!!!!!!!

The paternity hearing in the Bahamas is due to resume tomorrow - pending of course all the appeals that Mr Howard K Stern has filed. And I can only presume that he is filing these appeals as he doesn't want the truth to set him free!!

No comments: