20 January 2007

Product Time!!

I love products! Makeup, lotions, perfumes, you name it, I would love to try it. So, from time to time, I'll write about what I'm loving (and not loving!) right now.


My all-time favorite, go-to foundation, blush and eye shadow is Bare Essentuals bareMinerals. I love this stuff! I've been using it for about 8 months now and honestly don't think I'll ever go back to liquid foundation. The foundation is a powder but it does not go on chalky at all. It is extremely light and natural looking and does not clog pours. It leaves my skin feeling so much healthier and looking much more natural. Most important, it's SPF 15 as well! And I'm not the only one! In September 2006, bareMinerals SPF 15 foundation won the Glamour Readers' Choice Award for Best Prestige Foundation! bareMinerals


Something new in my makeup bag is All About Eyes Rich by Clinique. I've only been using this product for about 2 weeks but so far, I really love it. It is very light and goes on well under makeup. It's also good for day and night uses. It's job, according to Clinique is to diminish dark circles and puffs and to boost the natural collagen in the under eye area. So far, so good! And when I ordered it, I joined the Clinique Club which got me free shipping AND free samples! Who doesn't love free samples? Clinique


I also recently tried Feast Your Eyes by Grassroots and Smile For Me Lip Conditioner also by Grassroots. I admit that part of the draw to these products was that they are made with all natural ingredients but I wasn't crazy about either, particularly the lip conditioner. The conditioner is supposed to hydrate, firm and repair. It did hydrate, for about 5 minutes after I put it on. My lips get very dry this time of year so I need something that I am not going to have to reapply every 10 minutes. As for the eye cream, it was nice and smooth, but like the lip conditioner, did not give me quite the 'hydration' I would like. Kohls


A product that I've just ordered and cannot wait to try is FRXtion by Tarte. One side of this lip balm has brown sugar grains to exfoliate while the other has a vitamin E balm. I have high hopes for this one! You can get it at Sephora.

No comments: